Sunday, June 08, 2008

ILUG 08 Day 3

The last day of ILUG 08 is over. Some good session today to.

I've got to hear about Lotus Quickr from Rob Novak. His presentation about Quickr was good and informative. There where goods tips about notes.ini tasks added by Quickr that You don't really need. And Quickr adds a line "ServerTaskAt4" that run some qptools. Just remove this and run the tools yourself when You need too. These qptools tasks takes up huge resources.

Next I was at the Sponsor session where we where introduced to the GSX Monitoring Tools.
Seems very ok. I will check it out.

I really enjoyed Chris Millers' presentation on Sametime Gateway. Very clear and concise presentation about do's and dont's when it comes to setting up and installing the Sametime Gateway. He had his say about the 'networking guys' also.

Closing session was 'Thank You, Tank You", sponsor gifts and "Feck off".

Overall a good three day gig, and the sponsor got more of my attention here compared to Lotusphere. Some other arrangements made me miss out on the speedgeeking but maybe next time.

No comments: